Vanguard School is part of the Liberty Academy Trust. The Trust is responsible for three free schools. More information about Liberty Academy Trust can be found here. Liberty delegates numerous functions to the school's Local Governing Body.
Vanguard School Governors (also known as the Local Governance Body or 'LGB') are made up of representatives from the local area and cover a number of governor roles. School Governors have a key role in setting the strategic direction of a school, ensuring the accountability of teachers and staff, and thinking critically about the welfare of a school.
LGBs provide feedback to the EQD and Liberty Academy Trust Board, via the link trustees who chair them. For further information, see the Trust's Scheme of Delegation
Please note we are currently rebranding our policies and procedures to reflect our rebranding with Liberty Academy Trust. Any references to the National Autistic Society/NASAT are historic.
- support the principal and senior management team in the delivery of the school’s mission and vision
- provide constructive criticism
- monitor the wellbeing and safety of pupils
- monitor the educational achievement of pupils
- represent the school to the local community, including the business community
- support the development of the school as and when opportunities arise.
Find out more
If you would like to find out more about the LGB or are interested in becoming a governor, please email get in touch.